Thursday, October 18, 2012

I'd Rather go Blind - You Send Me.

Many years ago, friends introduced Mary Coughlan to us. We bought the CD they played for us that night and then every CD before and after that one. Mary is Irish and I have to admit to being partial to Irish singers. Van Morrison, Luka Bloom, Mary Black are all amongst our CD collection.

 Mary Coughlan came to Australia - she came to Melbourne to a venue called the Malthouse in South Melbourne. We had tickets, I bought them early as I didn't want Sue and I to miss out.
We need not have bothered - we were amongst no more than twenty people in a venue of possibly of 200 seats or more.
I felt sad at seeing so many empty seats but Mary gave us a great show. Here's a You Tube Clip but please don't watch it with your morning cup of tea - Wait until late at night, grab a coffee, a glass of your favorite liquor and get into a mood where you may have had a special person in your life jilt you - and then listen to Mary sing. Tell me that just a little tear didn't fall down your cheek with a memory of a lost love.



6 comments:

  1. Now if only my connection was fast enough to play this........ Thanks for your comment I always love to hear from you. Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you too could hear Mary, she is a great talent.

      Delete
  2. Our kind of late night music. Beautiful.
    Thanks for posting it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not to be listened to sitting at the PC, eating breakfast of toast and chutney because I wasn't paying attention to what I was putting on my toast, with the rain tipping it down outside. Best, as you say, to listen to this lovely lady sing this heart felt song as late in the evening as you can manage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you have a glass of port in your hand in the early morning??

      Delete

Love to get feedback so no reason to be shy - have your say.